This rose-like cloud of cosmic dust is known as the Rosette Nebula. Its round shape has been sculpted by the winds and radiation coming from the cluster of hot young stars at its centre.
Clearly visible are various dark dust sculptures called Bok globules, silhouetted against the background nebulosity. Left alone long enough, they would likely form stars and planets.
- 50× 300-s light frames (Gain 900)
- Full use of calibration frames (darks, flats and dark flats)
- Explore Scientific ED 102 mm Apo f/7 refractor
- Sky-Watcher EQ6-R PRO SynScan GOTO equatorial mount
- Altair Hypercam 294C PRO colour fan-cooled camera
- Altair quad-band one-shot colour (OSC) 2″ filter
- Revelation Adjustable Field Flattener
- Altair 60mm guide scope
- Altair GPCAM2 AR0130 mono guide camera
- Topaz Labs DeNoise AI
- Gradient XTerminator