Comet C/2020 F3 (NEOWISE) is a 5-kilometer-wide evaporating dirty iceberg. It was discovered toward the end of March 2020. It recently survived its closest approach to the Sun on 3 July 2020 when it brightened dramatically and developed its impressive white dust tail (its blue ion tail is not visible in these images). It is currently easily visible from the U.K. close to the northern horizon from dusk to dawn.
In gallery order:
- 1× frames (f/3.5, 5-s, ISO 500, 14mm)
- 1× frames (f/5.6, 5-s, ISO 1000, 42mm)
- 5× frames (f/5.6, 5-s, ISO 1000, 42mm)
- Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mark III
- M.Zuiko 14–42 mm EZ Zoom Lens